Project Manager- Black Belt
- Uxbridge, None
- Date Added:
- 10 Jan 2015
- Job Description:
Hertz started as a 12 car operation in Chicago in 1918, and has since grown into the world’s leading car rental company with over 11,555 locations in 145 countries. The secret of our success is no secret, really - it lies in providing rewarding career paths, fostering personal achievement and celebrating our collective success. Being # 1 takes talent, a clear vision of the road ahead, a driving passion for excellence, but most of all, great people.
Our European Head Quarters based in Uxbridge employs approximately 350 people with over 23 different nationalities and we’re currently looking for a Black Belt Project Manager to join our International PMO team.
**Black Belt Project Manager**
The primary mission of the Six Sigma Black Belt function is to drive down Hertz’s cost base and improve the customer experience by streamlining processes and reducing defects and waste.
* To update Corporate Senior Management of the progress of Blue Chip Projects at Project Reviews and be ‘the aligned person’ with specific COE’s.
* To provide the Project Financial Analyst with an accurate financial model of projected benefits, (Project Finance, ROI analysis).
* To maintain Project Status information within the HPC system (HPC: Hertz – Project Tracking System, providing Hertz with up-to-date project information for financial and customer satisfaction forecasting, guaranteeing continuous alignment with PMO
* To inform the Project Sponsor/Champion with latest project progress, by identifying/resolving potential roadblocks and exploring other potential projects opportunities.
* Optimize customer experience by delivering value added processes and service
* Drive process improvement to improve financial performance
* Provide leadership that inspires employees to drive continuous improvement
* Maximize process capability, flexibility and capacity
* Use data, facts and analysis as basis for decision making
* Meet and exceed established savings objectives.
* Identify opportunities to continuously improve quality, cost and time factors, consistent with business objectives.
* Ensure robust processes are dispersed throughout the region as Best Practices.
* Identify and act on cost savings and standardization opportunities, developing and enforcing methods to sustain the gains.
* Identify and drive high priority process improvement projects that benefit the Country, Region, customer and employee.
* Conduct problem solving exercises to identify root causes and achieve improved processes.
* To provide lean six sigma training as required
* Ad-hoc projects that maybe assigned to you by the Project Champion.
* Currently in a Senior Team Leader or Project Manager role where you have had exposuire to Senior Management Teams.
**Work well under pressure and have a proven track in conflict management. Confident and resilient**
* Strong Degree in engineering or a business discipline
* Operational experience at managerial level, ideally with multi-department/location responsibilities.
**Green Belt certification a must, and a Black Belt Highly desired.**
* Project Management tools and techniques (PMI Certification would be a plus)
* Excellen knowledge of Excel, Minitab, ThinkCell, Power Point, Oracle (or similar financial tool)
* Proven business acumen
* Results focus
* A good overall understanding of business operations, support functions and how they interact.
* Be able to communicate effectively at all levels
* Lean Sigma methodologies
* Project Management
* Presentation Skills
* Understanding Key Customer Satisfaction drivers
* Drive for results
* Manage execution
* Demonstrate leadership
* Build relationships
* Detail oriented
* Project Management
* Change Management
* Strategic Business Focus